Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Urban Decay









So, urban decay has been something that I really enjoy looking at. Maybe someday I can go see some, and take pictures, but for right now the world wide web will do. Urban decay is described as: the process whereby a previously functioning city, or part of a city, falls into disrepair and decrepitude. (Thank you http://www.wikipedia.org/. I love you, even though all of our teachers go all wild on us when we use it.) So yeah, sounds like a very sad thing, but I think it is beautiful. Some examples are posted above. I know the first picture is of a psychiatric hospital in New York, but the rest I am unsure about. However, Detroit, Michigan, is packed with urban decay. So, I have linked urban decay to God: All of these buildings look unused, left for dead, etc. But they all still have potential. They can all be renovated, their structure kept but their inside remodeled, made beautiful, and restored. With God, our lives are changed. This shell of our body is kept, but God restores what is inside of us- what really matters. God renovates our lives and causes a revolution in our hearts. Well, hope you found this interesting.
My quote for the day: I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson
My verse for the day: 1 Peter 2:9, "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."
X0X0, Gail





1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail...
    An interesting post...I was looking a fireplace mantle I have and thinking of the house it came from...It has been torn down and I was feeling regretful of my timidness back then. My stepfather went in and salvaged a few pieces before it was demolished. I was living away from the area at the time but I had plenty of time before it was gone...Anyway. My point is...I won't let timidness {fear} cause regret anymore...Like these photos prove, it is so worth the effort.
    I love the quote...It is so simple and powerful and perfect...
    Have a wonderful day.
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete