Saturday, June 19, 2010

Best friends and ferris wheels...


Who could ask for a better night than the one I just had? I went to a small town festival, practically the size of my backyard. It has three rides (a train, a circle of cars, and a ferris wheel), about six game booths, a dime toss, a band shell, gambling for fruit baskets, bingo (which my friends will never do with me because supposedly, it is "only for old people"), and the regular festival/fair food. I definitely suggest the french fries. So I rode the ferris wheel with my best friend, and she laughed as we people watched, and I shook the cart as it went around and round. (Can anyone say Noah from the Notebook moment?) And then we listened to the old fashioned country band, while eating our melting cherry and orange snow cones, and I thought, "How could anyone ask for anything more? Than to be sitting with the person who knows you better than yourself? And to just be enjoying the freedom of youth?" It was a delightful day, and I would not trade it for anything. And so now I am thanking God for every second I have. Every breath, every footstep, and every quiet moment. I thank him for my best friend in the entire world, and the ability to enjoy a quiet summer night without true fear that so many around the world constantly worry about. Relax. Breathe. There are so many things you miss when you do not slow down enough to think about what you are doing, and why you are doing it. Thanks, best friend, I love you, and keep being a daily inspiration and positive influence in my life! You are doing a good job of it right now...

2 comments:

  1. i love your post!
    its so positive and uplifting!
    i wish i could be more like you.

    loueladaniele.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Just try to surround yourself with people who except you as you are and truly love you. You shouldn't feel pressured, or be put in compromising situations. There isn't time in life for people who bring you down. I am fortunate enough to have been blessed with a best friend that completes me... you can, too! I wish you the best! ~Gail

    ReplyDelete